H1 Quinplex® Food Machinery Lubricant (4025)
General Mills, New Zealand
Significant rust and corrosion issues due to frequency of washdowns
• Eliminated bearing failures
• Increased lubrication intervals from once a day to only once a week
• Reduced grease consumption
General Mills started in the USA in 1880 with Gold Medal Flour and for more than 150 years has manufactured a range of food products in 100 countries throughout the world. The Auckland site manufactures pasta products, including brands such as Betty Crocker, Old El Paso and Frescarini.
Bearings on pasta manufacturing equipment. Challenge Short bearing life, short lubrication intervals, and rust and corrosion issues due to regular washdowns and the caustic environment.
H1 Quinplex Food Machinery Lubricant (4025) was recommended due to its resistance to washdowns. This product clings tenaciously to metal, protecting bearings and other metal surfaces. It is also rated as a General Mills A Lubricant.
The Quinplex grease stays in place even after the regular wash downs that occur. Lubrication intervals have increased from the previous once per day to now only once per week. Lubricant usage has reduced dramatically, and bearings are no longer failing at the plant due to inadequate lubrication.
“When we get new sealed bearings, we clean them out and repack them with Quinplex (4025), to make sure they will last”, said Bill Fitzgerald, Engineering Manager.
Other LE Products Used
• H1 Quinplex® Penetrating Oil & Lubricant (4059) – General use
• H1 Quinplex ® White Oil (4010) – Surface protectant
• H1 Quinplex® Synthetic Food Grade Oil (4046) – Atlas Copco Air Compressor
• Monolec® R & O Compressor / Turbine Oil (6404) – Vacuum pumps
• Syntemp® Synthetic Lubricant (9102) – Slides
Thanks to Bill Fitzgerald, Engineering Manager, and LE NZ’s sales
consultant Chris Unsworth (pictured) for helping to provide the information used in this report.
Visit www.le-international.com for more information about H1 Quinplex® Food Machinery Lubricant (4025)