UE Systems, the world leader in ultrasonic inspection instruments & training, is offering an online course about best practices and procedures for the lubrication of bearings.
This online training course will cover everything one needs to know about lubrication & how it can impact reliability at a facility. In 3 online modules, the students will learn everything from the different types of lubricants and additives to cleanliness and contaminates, to the proper way to store your lubricants and finally the various lubrication failure modes.
The unique online training environment allows for interactive portions of the training and includes quizzes at the end of each module to ensure the student has fully grasped all the information.
Here is the full course outline:
Module 1 – Introduction
- Covers best practices, standards and actions
- Covers basics of lubrication and how it effects the life of machinery
- Will cover cleanliness, viscosity, contaminants, friction and temperature
Module 2 – Types of Lubricants and Additives
- Covers functions, types and chemistry of lubricants
- Covers liquid, solid and cohesive types of lubrication
- Covers additives and how they affect the lubrication
Module 3 – Lubrication Failure Modes and Improvements
- Covers lubricant failure modes, oil and grease analysis
- Storage and transport of lubricants
- ISO cleanliness
- General rules of applying lubricant
- Lubrication improvement steps
Registrations for this course are open and will grant access to three online modules that can be accessed and completed at the student’s own pace. The course should take approximately three hours to complete. This interactive online course will provide the information needed in a variety of media – videos, slides, and text with a quiz at the end of each module to gauge knowledge retention.
For more information: http://www.uesystems.com/training/lubrication-best-practices-fundamentals-online-course