A day packed with exciting online presentations for bearing experts!
With this year’s BEARING WORLD Day, we are offering the community cutting-edge information on topics related to rolling and plain bearings!
Leibniz University Hannover, Institute of Machine Design and Tribology (IMKT)
Investigations into the fatigue life behavior of cylindrical roller bearings under high and very high loads
- The fatigue life behavior of rolling bearings is influenced by many factors, e.g. it has been shown that residual compressive stresses have a positive effect on fatigue life. These can be applied using a special machining process during the manufacturing process or by a high load on the rolling bearing during operation. The presented work focuses on the fatigue behavior of cylindrical roller bearings under high and very high loads and the question whether effects result from these loads. Finally, a comparison is made between the experimental fatigue life investigations and various theoretical bearing life models.
Schaeffler Technologies AG & Co. KG
Sustainability in the Bearing World through Digitalization
- Sustainability as a key topic for the whole industry and effects also the bearing business
- By using digital twins and analytical simulation methods the product energy efficiency can be evaluated at an early stage of development. In this way we can support our customers in optimizing their carbon footprint.
- Different projects were completed to evaluate energy consumption for single bearings in real applications and complete bearing types. Some examples will be part of the presentation.
TU Kaiserslautern, Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering (MEGT)
Influence of the inner geometry of the rolling elements on the frictional torque in an alternative bearing concept
- The parameters defining the inner geometry of the rolling elements strongly influence the resulting frictional torque.
- The model of a new bearing concept combining the features of a Tapered Roller Bearing and a Toroidal Roller Bearing was built using Multibody Simulations methods
- A sensitivity analysis was run using the Model in order to study the influence that parameters like osculation, contact angle or crowning have on the frictional torque. The results of this analysis will be presented.
Save the date:
BEARING WORLD Conference by FVA, 5 – 6 July, 2022 in Würzburg, Germany
Kindly supported by: