Location: Head Office (Rotherham)
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Reports to: Product Manager (Couplings & Drives)
Job purpose statement: To provide support to the Product Manager to ensure timely and consistent delivery of core company services to its clients and investors, towards ensuring that potential and existing clients and investors remain satisfied with the Company’s brand.
- Providing comprehensive administrative support for the Couplings & Drives Division
- Management of web/telephone and email based enquiries
- Undertake desk based research to support the Product Manager of the Couplings & Drives Division.
- Develop and maintain personal knowledge of priority sectors; market trends and routes to market for improved effectiveness within a sales support function
- Supporting the Product Manager of the Couplings & Drives Division in general business development activities where necessary, for example preparing for and supporting events, investor visits and meetings etc
- If directed, provide sales support, for example handling project enquiries, from enquiry through to successful conclusion
- To positively promote the company and its products and services and ensure that a professional image is provided at all times to customers and colleagues
- To undertake, when requested by the Product Manager of the Couplings & Drives Division and managing Directors, additional reasonable tasks and responsibilities not outlined above in order to support the success and continuing performance of the department and company.
- To abide by the company’s confidentiality agreement when carrying out all tasks as part of this role.
Key Skills Required:
- Knowledge of electric motors and industrial gearboxes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the confidence to approach people at all levels of seniority
- Able to demonstrate strong administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Multitasking and prioritisation
- Ability to work as team player
- Previous experience working with, identifying, specifying & selling electric motors and industrial gearboxes is essential
- Working knowledge of power transmission coupling desirable but not essential
- Competent in the use of all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Capacity and aptitude to undertake research and collate information as required
Apply for this position
We are always looking for passionate, talented and enthusiastic people to join the team.
We make sure every Acorn employee has the chance to make a difference – we offer career-enhancing development opportunities for those with the talent and energy to drive us forward. In addition, as Acorn is part of Axel Johnson International, there are also potential career opportunities within 25 countries worldwide.
If you think you have what it takes to improve how we do things, then we would like to hear from you. Please email your CV and a covering letter to: [email protected]
Or apply by post to –
The HR Manager
Acorn Industrial Services Ltd (Head Office)
Unit A, Denby Way
Hellaby Industrial Estate
Inclusion and Diversity:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We provide an inclusive environment for all our employees.
We are committed to fostering inclusion and diversity in relation to our employees, customers and the community in which we operate.
We aim to ensure that all our employees have the opportunity to develop to their full potential regardless of race, gender, nationality, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or background; and we will not allow artificial or prejudicial barriers from obstructing their career and personal development.