Reports to: Regional Director
Location: Georgia, USA
The Sales Engineer is accountable for executing AEC’s product expansion and core product retention and delivery of a flawless customer experience.
Reporting to the Regional Director, this technical sales role is responsible for managing the daily engagement with our distributors and end user customers to drive sales of AEC products while providing technical and commercial support to identified AEC accounts that have activity level that is predominately technical in nature.
- Deliver consistent year-over-year sustainable growth and retention within the assigned portfolio of business
- Short and long-term strategic goals are met through actively managing the daily engagement with Distributors and OEM’s to drive sales growth through product expansion, relationship building, and executing a flawless customer experience
- Focused on growth and securing AEC’s position with customers on new products and applications.
- Effective customer account management practices.
- Successfully manage an end customer, opportunity-based territory sales plan designed to protect existing businesses, expand product sales and drive REP business.
- Employee Sales Excellence process in development of offer and presentation of insights to move documented opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Plan and modify products to meet customer needs.
- Secure and renew orders and arrange delivery.
- Build, deepen and sustain customer relationships.
- Enhance, broaden, and deepen key customer relationships that ultimately leads to business growth through proactive, consistent customer connection.
- Consultative and collaborative approach with our customers, their sales teams and engineers to understand customer requirements, assess equipment needs and determine system requirements with a goal of providing sales support and enhancing the customer experience.
- Recommend improved materials or machinery to customers emphasizing the benefits of lower costs or increased production.
- Effective and strong business management practices.
- Delivering strong technical and commercial support for assigned business.
- Primary technical and commercial resource for assigned business.
- Perform application reviews, bearing installations, mapping of AEC products in the customer applications, and conduct training and seminars.
- Active support to help solve issues with installed equipment.
- Able to effectively prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products and/or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years solutions engineering experience with proven track record.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with the Engineering Industry (Gearbox, Paper & Pulp, Machine Tools, Steel Mills, Oil & Gas, Wind energy).
- Entrepreneurial spirit; self-motivated and driven to win.
- Strong technical background and knowledge of bearings.
- Strong ability to communicate technical details.
- General industry knowledge; application and technical/mechanical skills.
- Strong situational awareness; adept at managing complexed organizations and situations.
- Exceptional time management and territory planning skills.
- Purposeful action taker with the ability to make sound judgements with good business sense.
- Must be willing to travel at least 40-50% of the time or as customer needs dictate.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally, written and presentation skills).
- Demonstrate self-management, time management, and process management skills.
- Demonstrate strong technical, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to influence others (negotiating skills, persuasiveness, and tenacity to follow up).
- Demonstrate project management skills; adept to working with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to develop positive and lasting relationships with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate understanding and ability to communicate technical information.
- Demonstrate sales skills (effective questioning, active listening, consultative approach uncovering needs).
Email : [email protected]