Location: Head Office (Rotherham)
Department: Linear Division
Reporting to: Office Manager – Linear Division
Provision of timely responses to all customer enquiries and application requests, with a technical product focus. In time, also to visit customers to discuss specific applications and provide technical recommendations on product selection.
- Provision of a timely response to all enquiries received via various company channels, with a focus on technical and application aspects of enquiries
- After training, provision of technical support for Linear products to both the internal & external customer
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of all Linear Division products
- Supporting the Linear Division Office Manager and Linear Division Product Manager in general business development activities where necessary.
- Following an induction & training period, undertake customer visits to discuss applications at a high technical level. Customers predominantly in the Midlands area but could be located throughout the UK.
- Work diligently in achieving performance targets set by the Office Manager and Product Manager
- Positively promote the company and its products and services and ensure that a professional image is always provided to customers and colleagues
- To undertake, when requested by the Office Manager & Product Manager of the Linear Division or Company Directors, additional reasonable tasks and responsibilities not outlined above in order to support the success and continuing performance of the Division and company.
- To abide by the company’s confidentiality agreement when carrying out all tasks as part of this role.
Key Skills Required:
- Detail handling skills and ability to manage long term, complex enquiries & applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the confidence to approach people at all levels of seniority & technical knowledge
- Able to demonstrate administrative, organisational and customer service skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills (will be tested)
- Possess a strong desire and determination to succeed as this is very much a development role
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK, sometimes involving stays away from home, with some travel to EU for training purposes. This includes a willingness to comply with all travel requirements imposed by the UK or country to be visited.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Multitasking and prioritisation
- Ability to work as team player, but with a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- High level of general Mechanical Engineering knowledge, with an appropriate formal qualification (Degree, HND, etc), or extensive work experience within Mechanical Engineering. This knowledge will be tested.
- Some knowledge of motors, drives & controls would be very useful, but not essential
- Specific knowledge of, or experience with, Linear Motion products would be particularly advantageous, but not essential
- Competent in the use of all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Capacity and aptitude to undertake advanced technical training
- Some experience & knowledge of customer service & sales
Apply for this position
We are always looking for passionate, talented and enthusiastic people to join the team.
We make sure every Acorn employee has the chance to make a difference – we offer career-enhancing development opportunities for those with the talent and energy to drive us forward. In addition, as Acorn is part of Axel Johnson International, there are also potential career opportunities within 25 countries worldwide.
If you think you have what it takes to improve how we do things, then we would like to hear from you. Please email your CV and a covering letter to: [email protected]
Or apply by post to –
The HR Manager
Acorn Industrial Services Ltd (Head Office)
Unit A, Denby Way
Hellaby Industrial Estate
Inclusion and Diversity:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We provide an inclusive environment for all our employees.
We are committed to fostering inclusion and diversity in relation to our employees, customers and the community in which we operate.
We aim to ensure that all our employees have the opportunity to develop to their full potential regardless of race, gender, nationality, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or background; and we will not allow artificial or prejudicial barriers from obstructing their career and personal development.