Good morning! You walk over to your desk which has all the latest future-proof software and hardware for you to excel at your job. You check our ERP system, JDE, and the Cockpit for the latest customer requests. You move onto dealing with any queries raised by your customers about last week’s shipments. You call your colleagues in the warehouse to check whether last night’s order went out on time with UPS. You have a list of potential customers to call to expand the business in your area and achieve an impressive turnover and margin. Your colleague reminds you about Friday afternoon’s drinks this week. At ABF, we like to work hard and play hard too! And we enjoy sharing the finer things in life!
What will your mission be?
You want to be able to close the office door behind you every day, knowing that your customers are happy. Customers who reflect on how good it was to deal with you and the great service you provided. There is great team spirit with your direct colleagues, making the DACH business grow day after day. This is your daily mission.
Your job role starts with a 6-month introductory period in which you act as an internal sales representative, getting to know the ins and outs of ABF. Based on your performance, we intend to prepare you for a role in internal and external sales, where you will be visiting customers at least one week every two months. Depending on travel distances, this may often be for five days at a time or may be split into shorter trips if the visits are closer to home.
What will you do doing during your first year at ABF?
- Follow up quotations and process orders;
- Respond to customer queries and/or complaints;
- Expand your expertise in products and market development;
- Actively contribute to team targets;
- Work from our offices in Roosendaal and Rotterdam.
Depending on your performance during the 6-month introductory period, you will move onto a role in external sales and deal with the following tasks:
- Build a new or expand an existing customer portfolio;
- Visit existing and new clients in your area;
- Record your customer visits and follow them up;
- Focus on your customer market and developments in our business;
- Create and execute your personal acquisition plan.
What will you bring to the business?
- You are proficient in German at native or near native level. There is no need to speak Dutch as the corporate language is English;
- You have a level of thinking that goes beyond your task requirement;
- You have gained a couple of years’ experience in an external sales role;
- An affinity with technology/IT is an advantage. Knowledge of bearings would be ideal but is not compulsory;
- You are willing to work a 5-day week;
- This job will require at least 6 to 7 weeks’ travel per year, possibly more;
- You have a driving licence valid for driving in Europe.
What is in it for you?
Salary – In addition to your salary, you also receive an annual performance-related 13th month, 28 vacation days, 8.5% holiday allowance, travel allowance, staff discount on numerous technical products.
Lunch– At ABF, we enjoy a varied lunch at the cafeteria, so the content of your lunchbox isn’t your first worry of the day!
Responsibility– You arrange your business as you see fit. You are challenged to do this as efficiently and pragmatically as possible in order to achieve your desired result.
Development– An eye for your development. Within ABF you get a lot of freedom and responsibility in your job. We want to get the best out of you, and we want you to get the best out of ABF.
What else can you expect?
We are a stable organisation that has been evolving on every level over recent years and has not yet ceased to do so. With your knowledge and expertise, you will contribute to our continuing growth. You will make a real difference and your specialism will be put to good use in the company’s growth and development.
Happiness at Work
When you are happy as an employee, you will enjoy coming into work every day and we can create a good atmosphere in which we get things done. We are not just about sales and profits. Together we wish to make the organisation a little better every day.
We are an international company with colleagues from around the globe, informal and with Brabant hospitality. “Welcome! We love having you!” We operate an open-door policy, so you can just walk in for a question or a chat.
At ABF, trading spirit is still a core value. With more than 70 professionals, we try to keep growing year after year and create positive change within the company time and time again. This is how we surprise each other every year by the improvements and goals we achieve. ‘A lot has changed over the past year’ is a comment you will hear a lot. Great, we have accomplished our mission!
Are you dying to meet your future colleagues? Please send us your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would make a perfect addition to our team and you will hear back from us within two days.
By submitting your application, you agree to our ”Privacy Statement”.