EPTDA, the leading executive association for industrial distribution distributors and manufacturers across Europe, the Middle East & Africa – announces the appointment of its new 2021-2022 Board of Directors and President, effective 1 October 2020.
- PRESIDENT: Des Spillings, Managing Director, Acorn Industrial Services Ltd, UK
- VICE PRESIDENT: Luca Martelli, CEO TRM SRL, Italy
- OUTGOING PRESIDENT & TREASURER: Zoltan Arkovics, Managing Director, BDI Europe Ltd., Hungary
- PERMANENT BOARD LIAISON TO THE ADVISORY COUNCIL: Roberto Cugnaschi, Vice General Manager, Mondial S.p.A., Italy
- MANUFACTURER COUNCIL CHAIR: Loretta Feasby, Director, International Sales,
Fenner Drives, UK
- MANUFACTURER COUNCIL VICE CHAIR: Frank Borgmann, Head of Channel Management Western Europe, Henkel, Germany
- OUTGOING TREASURER & BOARD MEMBER AT LARGE: Jan Friman, Director Business Development, YTM-Industrial Oy, Finland
- BOARD MEMBER AT LARGE: Athanasios Kouimtzis, CEO, KOUIMTZIS Group, Greece
- BOARD MEMBER AT LARGE: Karel Kriebich Jr., Project and Production Manager, CONTRA PRAHA s.r.o., Czech Republic
- BOARD MEMBER AT LARGE: Moris Romi, CEO, RIMA SPA, Italy
- PRESIDENT PTDA: Brian Davis, Executive VP / COO, B & D Industrial Norcross, USA
- VICE PRESIDENT PTDA: Jean-Pierre Bouchard, General Bearing Service Inc. Canada
More details on https://www.eptda.org/about/governance/board-of-directors/
The EPTDA Board of Directors is responsible for the following tasks, and representing the interests of the EPTDA members companies:
- Determine the general direction and policies of the association
- Constitute the governing body of the association
- Serve as trustee for all properties and funds
- Establish a strategic plan
- Safeguard and promote EPTDA’s brand values and promote awareness of the association
- Ensure support for the association throughout the industry
To help drive the above objectives and the strategic plan, the EPTDA is also pleased to welcome Des Spillings, Managing Director, Acorn Industrial Services Ltd, UK as its new President. Mr Spillings’ Presidential term will start 1 October 2020 and end in September 2022.
Des Spillings is an experienced leader with over 30 years history of working in the mechanical power transmission industry. Mr Spillings also has a role on the management team of Axel Johnson International – PTS Division. Skilled in Business Planning, Business-to-Business (B2B), Account Management, Engineering, Continuous Improvement and People Leadership, Mr Spillings has been a crucial contributor to the delivery of EPTDA’s 5-Year Strategic Plan. His personal journey, professional network and reputation in the industry mirrors the core values of EPTDA of Open Dialogue, Mutual Respect, Integrity, Honesty, Fairness, Continuous Growth and Continuous Learning. He has served as a volunteer on several committees of EPTDA, most recently as the Chairman of the Distribution Development Committee and Vice President of the EPTDA.
Des Spillings comments: “I am honored and grateful for the trust that EPTDA Board of Directors, Past Presidents and the Leaders of all our Committees and Councils have placed in me to serve as the President of the leading executive association of our industry. My journey with this esteemed organization started back in 2001 – and we have seen the organization grow from strength to strength in every upswing and downturn. I also feel privileged to be leading the strategy of EPTDA in possibly the most challenging climate of our lifetimes. Ever since the outbreak of COVID, the EPTDA leadership have truly come together to respond quickly to our new reality and help answer some vital questions. These are reflected in the topics we have covered in our Digital Summit webinars i.e. High Performance & New Ways of Working, Parenting & Mental Health, Economic Outlook and the Road to Recovery, Responding to Cyber Threats, Future Leaders role in fighting the Pandemic and much more. We are all in this together! This is the core essence of a leading organization like EPTDA, and going forward, we will continue to offer that same high level of guidance, knowledge, network and support to our member companies and its leaders in sailing safely through these murky waters.”
The outgoing President & new Treasurer of EPTDA, Zoltan Arkovics, Managing Director, BDI Europe Ltd., Hungary comments: “I want to sincerely thank the EPTDA members for the opportunity and trust to serve as EPTDA President for past two years. It has been a valuable experience both personally and professionally working with all of you. EPTDA is a well- represented and highly regarded association, and it has been such an honor just to be a part of the leadership team that continues to strive to deliver invaluable benefits to the members. I have been fortunate to have worked closely and supported by such a quality Board and Committee members and appreciate all they have done for EPTDA during my term, especially during the COVID Crisis and helping find valuable and timely solutions to our member needs. The accomplishment over the two years have been impressive, and it was truly a team effort. Thank you again for all of you for allowing me the opportunity to serve, I walk away with memories and friendships that I will forever cherish!”
- Download the EPTDA Corporate Presentation to fully understand the Strategy, Objectives and Benefits of EPTDA Community & Membership.
- Download the EPTDA 2020 Blue Book – Annual Business Review & Membership Directory to see the leading companies that are members of EPTDA.
- Visit the EPTDA Digital Summit pages to find out how EPTDA is adding value to its membership during COVID-19 impact and recovery.
- Discover how EPTDA continued – despite the pandemic – to bring Manufacturers & Distributors together for Idea Exchange in its signature MD-IDEX Forum.
- Find out Who’s Who of the EPTDA in 2021-2022 on our Governance.
- Dive deeper into our Historic Milestones to see how far we have reached in such a short time.
- Understand our strict Membership Criteria.
About the EMEA Power Transmission Distributors Association
EPTDA is the leading executive association for industrial distribution distributors and manufacturers across Europe, the Middle East & Africa, setting the highest commercial, environmental, social and ethical standards. Its mission is to advance distribution and strengthen members to be successful, profitable and competitive in a changing market environment. EPTDA vision is to be the leading community in the EMEA region for industrial distribution, as recognized by customers. EPTDA currently has a membership of more than 243 leading companies across 34 countries worldwide, working with some 320,000 employees and representing over €22 billion in annual revenues.
EPTDA (EMEA Power Transmission Distributors Association)
Grensstraat 7, Brussels 1831, Belgium
Tel: + 32 2 660 05 01
Fax: + 32 2 660 38 21