Manufacturers of agricultural equipment rely on GGB metal-polymer and fiber reinforced composite bearings for a greaseless, maintenance-free solution with extended service life. Our self-lubricating, environmentally friendly agricultural bearings are used in tractors, backhoes, mowers, cultivators, seeders, harvesters, sprayers, plows, tillers, planters and more to deliver superior performance and reduce system costs.
STRONGER BEARINGS FOR LONGER SERVICE LIFE
Aiming to reduce maintenance, GGB has worked with the Advanced Manufacturing Institute (AMI) to develop the SBC Sealed Bearing Cartridges. Machine downtime for a difficult repair, bearing replacement or even just to lubricate a joint can be expensive and time-consuming. SBC is proven to outperform conventional greased bronze, hardened steel and rolling-element bearings for demanding applications typically found in construction equipment and farm machinery.
Used in a wide range of agricultural equipment, GGB bearings can be found in a variety of applications including:
- Linkage and Pivot Points
- Steering and Suspension Assemblies
- King Pins
- Hydraulic Cylinders
GREASE-FREE, RELIABLE AGRICULTURAL BEARING SOLUTIONS
In farm machinery equipment, agricultural bearings are subjected to friction and wear during periods of marginal and boundary lubrication. GGB bearings offer a more reliable performance compared to bronze bearings. Our bearings have load capacities of up to 620 MPa with no shaft or pin galling and provide excellent resistance to corrosion and tolerance of shock and edge loading.
Eliminate grease to reduce maintenance
- Self-lubricating GGB bearings are ideal for applications requiring long service life without maintenance in operating conditions with inadequate or no lubrication.
Improved performance and service life
- Superior wear resistance and high shock load capacity result in extended bearing service life and improved reliability under hostile conditions. Excellent low friction properties reduce power losses for improved equipment performance.
- Lower shaft costs by eliminating the need for hardening and machining grease paths. A compact, one-piece construction provides space and weight savings to simplify assembly.
- Greaseless, lead-free GGB bearings comply with increasingly stringent environmental regulations such as the End of Life Vehicles (ELV) and the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directives to restrict the use of hazardous materials in electrical and electronic equipment.
HIGH PERFORMANCE BEARING REPLACEMENT SOLUTION
Lanztechnik Alt und Neu services, maintains and repairs antique tractors. Between 1921 and 1960 more than 250,000 Lanz Bulldog tractors were sold, making it one of the most popular in Germany. During the restoration process, Lanztechnik opted to replace the expensive machined bronze bearings in the front wheel axle mount with GGB-BP25 sintered bronze bearings to better suit the agricultural industry’s demanding operating conditions at a reduced cost.
GGB bearing experts are available to provide solutions to meet each application’s specific needs with a vast range of standard or custom bearings to offer excellent performance over a wide range of load, speed and temperature conditions.
The self-lubricating material of our agricultural bearings is resistant to erosion damage, providing excellent resistance to wear, chemicals, cavitation, flow erosion and fatigue. Since lubrication is eliminated, equipment no longer needs to be taken out of operation to be serviced, resulting in reduced maintenance costs, substantial savings and an environmentally friendly product.