JOB: Supply Chain Manager
Become a Supply Chain Manager for a leading engineering component distributor
Responsible for overall management of the Purchasing and Warehouse operations. Working closely with the Managers of both Teams to ensure effective and efficient delivery of our end-to-end supply chain process.
- Create the Company’s supply chain strategy, evaluate and report on KPIs.
- Responsible for improving end-to-end supply chain and procurement functions that are synonymous with outstanding customer service, operational excellence and optimal profitability
- Responsible for leading and managing a professional Supply Chain function that effectively interfaces with the rest of the business to meet objectives.
- Responsible for leading initiatives to improve efficiency and delivering results.
- Responsible for analysing and forecasting stock levels
- Responsibility for the setting of KPI’s in conjunction with the Managing Director
- Ability to work to KPI’s targets on stock holding, forecasting and waste management.
- Responsible for creating and implementing best practice logistics principles, polices and processes
- Responsible for collaborating with other department to create coordinated plans for business growth
Key Skills/Knowledge Required:
- Possess operational management experience, preferably from a Distribution environment
- Effective leader with a pro-active management style
- Demonstrate a track record of success in leading and developing multi-disciplined teams
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to motivate & develop employees
- The ability to embrace the challenge and responsibility of leading a busy and successful operation
- The ability to work through challenges with a positive and calm approach.
- The ability to be both hands-on and strategic
- The ability to influence, develop and maintain excellent working relationships with suppliers and clients
- Must possess strong commercial acumen
Experience (and/or) Qualifications Required:
- Experience within the Industrial Component Distribution Sector & MRO/OEM Sectors
- Experience in Third Party Logistics
- Experience in Inter-Continental shipping
- A strategic and analytical though process
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solving, excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong IT systems skills
We are always looking for passionate, talented and enthusiastic people to join the team. We make sure every Acorn employee has the chance to make a difference – we offer career-enhancing development opportunities for those with the talent and energy to drive us forward. In addition, as Acorn is part of Axel Johnson International, there are also potential career opportunities within 30 countries worldwide.
If you think you have what it takes to improve how we do things, then we would like to hear from you. Please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com Or apply by post to – The HR Manager
Acorn Industrial Services Ltd (Head Office)
Unit A, Denby Way
Hellaby Industrial Estate
Inclusion and Diversity:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We provide an inclusive environment for all our employees.
We are committed to fostering inclusion and diversity in relation to our employees, customers and the community in which we operate. We aim to ensure that all our employees have the opportunity to develop to their full potential regardless of race, gender, nationality, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or background; and we will not allow artificial or prejudicial barriers from obstructing their career and personal development.