Provides company with a source for engineering and technical authority on selection, application, use and performance of our products. Acts in conjunction with sales and customer personnel, contacts smaller size customers to ascertain technical and service requirements. Responsible for support of the NSK Industrial business with engineering expertise. Generally works closely with application engineering supervisor or senior application engineer.
- Promotes customer enthusiasm for NSK products by providing timely, courteous, and complete technical solutions.
- Serves as a source of engineering and technical authority on the selection, application, use and performance of NSK products.
- Works directly with sales and customer personnel to ascertain and meet technical information and service requirements.
- Analyses customer applications and investigates performance issues to recommend solutions that maximize value for the customer.
- Consults with other application engineers, team leaders and managers in the development and review of proposed technical solutions.
- Visits customers together with sales to support application reviews and provide NSK technical solutions.
- Communicates customer requirements to NSK design and plant personnel as part of new product design review, quotation and production startup processes.
- Provides training on the features, benefits, application, and use of NSK products to customers, end users and team members.
- Provides technical support to business and sales leaders in support of the development of strategies for growing business for assigned customers.
Japanese or Spanish language skills are a plus.
This job requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and preferably 2 to 5 years of position-related experience.
-Experience in the heavy industries (steel, paper, mining etc) industrial applications is preferred
*This position may be filled as an Application Engineer C, Salary Grade 27, an Application Engineer B, Salary Grade 28 or an Application Engineer A, Salary Grade 29.
Sponsorship not available.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Matching 401(k)
- Bonus Plan
- Competitive Salary with Benefits
NSK is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.